Michael J. Porter, Jr., ChT
One evening a man in a tuxedo rushed up to a street musician and asked, “How do you get to Carnegie Hall?” Without skipping a beat the musician answered, “Practice, man, practice!”
Self help hypnosis can help you achieve your goals because it involves mental practice. There is no faster or easier method for eliminating habits or changing behaviors than mental practice through self hypnosis.
An excellent example of how mental practice becomes new habits involves learning to drive a car. The first time you got behind the wheel you were probably nervous and hesitant. You had to consciously think about every step. Yet it was your motivation to learn the skill of driving that kept you going. If you were a teen, you may have even begged your parents to let you drive at every opportunity. Every time you drove you became more comfortable and confident. In a matter of weeks you were maneuvering through heavy traffic and merging onto the highway with ease.
With self-hypnosis, almost anything can be accomplished. One may wish to think and act just like naturally thin people do… or live and breathe like a non-smoker… or become a model salesperson… whatever one wishes to accomplish can happen easily and effortlessly with the power of self-hypnosis.
To do self-hypnosis, you can simply relax and mentally rehearse what you want, or you can listen to audio processes designed for you to practice self-hypnosis at home. Listening to these processes for 21 days will give your mind the mental rehearsal and consistency that can make behavior changes seem effortless and automatic.
Each time you listen to a self-hypnosis process, the following benefits occur.
- Blood flow to the brain increases, which results in clearer thinking, better concentration, improved memory and enhanced creativity.
- Serotonin levels increase by 21%, which calms the mind and body and creates an overall sense of well-being.
- 100% of excess adrenaline is eliminated – excess adrenaline could otherwise be toxic to the body.
- Endorphin levels increase by 25% — these are the hormones that flow through the body when we feel happy.
- Your mind is filled with positive images and affirmations.
- Your mind learns to conceive of, and believe, new thoughts that are, in turn, easily achieved.
- 20 minutes of self-hypnotic relaxation can be equivalent to 3-4 hours of sleep. Consequently, you may find yourself sleeping less, feeling more rested, accomplishing more during your day, and basically enjoying life more fully.
Most folks would pay thousands of dollars for a magic pill that offers these kinds of benefits, but you can get these same
Author information can be found at: http://www.positivechanges.com/articles/self-hypnosis-at-home.php
results in just a few easy, relaxing minutes.